In long term marriage with aggressive husband, how do I legally protect myself and our children?

Additional Information:

I have been married for over eighteen years and we have two children together.  Since the children were born, we decided that I would stay at home and raise them.  My husband has been getting more aggressive with me and I worry that things may happen.  I do not want to leave the house, as I have no place to go.


If you feel threatened or intimidated by your husband’s actions, or if your husband gets violent with you, you should call the police immediately.  They can help you get an Abuse Prevention Order, which will protect you.  You should then call a lawyer that concentrates in the area of Domestic Relations or Divorce.  That lawyer can file a motion for temporary orders to make certain that you get the protection from the Court that you need, as well as making sure that you get adequate child and spousal support.

Marlborough family law attorney and Greater Boston Metro-west trial and litigation attorney, Stephen G. Morte provides legal services for people in the Greater Boston region including Acton, Ashland, Ayer, Berlin, Bolton, Boston, Boylston, Cambridge, Clinton, Concord, Framingham, Fitchburg, Grafton, Harvard, Holliston, Hopkinton, Hudson, Lancaster, Leominster, Lincoln, Lowell, Luneneburg, Marlborough, Milford, Natick, Northborough, Shrewsbury, Southborough, Stow, Sudbury, Upton, Waltham, Wayland, Wellesley, Westborough, Weston, Worcester; and throughout Middlesex County, Worcester County, Suffolk County, and Norfolk County Massachusetts.