Woman Who Suffers a Finger Amputation Recovers

A young woman, who was sitting on a restaurant stool at Boston Logan Airport suddenly experienced a sudden amputation of her index finder when the chair that she was sitting on, because of defects in the way it was maintained and assembled, severed the tip of her finger. She was rushed to Mass General Hospital where they attempted to reattach the severed portion of the finger.

After a thorough inspection of the chair and retention of an expert to evaluate the chair, it was determined that the chair was improperly maintained and that the seat pan was improperly installed.

Ultimately, the case was successfully mediated in Boston.