How do we handle the financial aspects of a divorce?

Additional Information:

My husband moved out of our Southboro home almost 2 years ago.  We’re on good terms with one another and share custody of our 2 children.  He currently pays for daycare for our son and I’d like to ask him to help with the children’s medical/dental expenses.  We have no assets to divide.


Unless and until you have orders from the Probate Court, you do not have anything that is enforceable at law. My advice would be to file a divorce action and seek temporary orders as soon as possible in order to establish the obligations for child support and medical insurance. 

Southboro Divorce and Family Law Attorney Stephen G. Morte  provides legal representation in the area of divorce and family law to individuals and families in Southboro Massachusetts and the surrounding communities including: Stowe, Sudbury, Wayland, Marlboro, Northboro, Berlin and Bolton.