In MA, can child support be modified without going to court?

Additional Information:

My ex and I have agreed to lowered payments and we have drawn up a new agreement which we both signed.  Is what we did legally binding or can she sue me for back child support?


The agreement should be filed and approved by the court in order for it to be valid. It would be necessary to file a complaint for modification and then seek to have the agreement brought before the judge.

Southborough divorce attorney, Stephen Morte assists individuals going through divorce in the communities of  Southborough, Northborough, Westborough, Marlborough and Framingham.