Is there a temporary modification to divorce agreement?

Additional Information:

As part of our divorce agreement I am responsible for providing health insurance for my ex-wife, and our children.  I just got laid off and it’s going to be difficult making ends meet.  After paying rent for my home in Marlborough, COBRA will be my second biggest expense.  Health insurance is available through her employer and is definitely less expensive than COBRA.  Can I request at least a temporary modification order?


The most important question to ask is whether or not your agreement is modifiable. If it is, you can have your attorney file a complaint for modification based on a material change of circumstances. The modification complaint would be on the sole issue of whether there was a material change in circumstances that would warrant a revision of the separation agreement. 

Marlborough Divorce Modification Attorney,  Stephen G. Morte  provides legal representation to individuals in Marlborough, Massachusetts and the nearby Worcester county communities including: Auburn, Brookfield, Charlton, Holden, Leicester, North Brookfield, and Worcester, MA.