How do I modify a restraining order to have contact with my wife?

Additional Information:

Is it a violation of a protective order in MA to discuss matters with protected party if attorneys are present?  I have recently been served a restraining order which does not permit me with any contact with my wife, however, there are many things I would like to discuss, involving the children, reconciliation, therapy and counseling.  Do I need to file a motion to seek peaceful contact?  Would it help if my attorney or other party was there?


Yes, you would seek to modify the restraining order so as to allow you to either meet with her or communicate. This can be easily done by going to the court that issued the order and seeking to modify so as to allow contact. 

Holden Restraining Order Lawyer,  Stephen G. Morte  provides legal representation to individuals in Holden, Massachusetts and the nearby Worcester county communities including: Auburn, Brookfield, North Brookfield, Charlton, Leicester, and Worcester, MA.